Terms & Conditions
In consideration of my engagement as a Client/Subject, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give Maria Proios, Maria Proios Photography the authority and permission :
1. The unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish photographic portraits or pictures of me that were taken in this specific session. Also the use in any media known for illustration, art, promotion and advertising. This does NOT include the rights to sell any material without the permission of the individual subject.
2. I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith. This does NOT include the rights to sell any material without permission of the individual subject.
3. I hereby affirm that I, nor any other party related with me, will not edit, alter or change the final images in any way except the image resolution unless written consent is given by the photographer, may it be color, contrast or any other form of post-completion editing. This included filters from platforms such as instagram, hipstamatic etc.
4. I hereby also affirm that I understand that depending on the chosen package, a limited number of retouched images is included at no charge. Any additional images will be available at a $/image charge. Images always include retouching. Negatives, RAW files, or unretouched images will not be handed out. I understand that this is to guarantee a consistent quality output as the editing process is playing a crucial part in the overall style and artistic appearance of each photograph and is at the photographer’s discretion.
5. From the time I receive the proofs to the session I have 30 days to select my (free) final images for editing/retouching. I understand that if it takes me or my representatives longer than 30 days to choose my final editing choices, I will forfeit the free retouched images and the regular $/image charge will be due.
6. The proofs (in printed or digital form) are for my consideration only. Unedited/RAW/Proof images are not for public or promotional use. When uncertain about this matter, please contact the photographer before posting images.
7. I agree to pay for the Session Rate and any additional costs in full by the end of the Session.
8. Photo credit has to be given to either “Maria Proios”, “Maria Proios Photography” or “www.mariaproios.com” when using images from this session on following social media sites: facebook, instagram, flickr, twitter & imdb. This does not apply to any prints, personal portfolio galleries of job/industry related media sites such as LAcasting, ActorAcess and the likes.
9. I understand that last minute retouches or any other short notice services are subject to the availability of the photographer and the turn-around time on retouches and any other editing services is set to a minimum of 3-5 business days.
10. As the retouching and post-processing is the creative choice of the photographer/editor and in the best interest of the overall look and quality of the photograph, a maximum of one revision is allowed per retouched image.
11. I hereby affirm that I have been full part of what we have been working on during the shoot and that the shoot had been to my full satisfaction before leaving the studio. However, the photographer has no control over how others (agents, managers, publicists, friends, family, etc.) will react to the taken images. If for any reason something causes me to doubt the marketability of any part of my session and I would like to add another “look” or two, the studio charges $150/hr of shooting. This offer is only available for 30 days from the date of the original session.
12. I hereby affirm that all services provided are non refundable. A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to book a session and is due on the day I book the shoot date. The deposit goes toward the total balance which is due on the day of the shoot. Rescheduling must be done at least 5 business days in advance or my deposit is forfeited.
13. I hereby release and agree to hold the photographer and her heirs, licensees or assigns, harmless from any claim or liability in connection with the publication or use of these images in any manner or form whatsoever, unless it can be clearly shown that the foregoing was maliciously caused, and produced, and published solely for the purpose of subjecting me to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn and indignity.
14. I hereby affirm that all poses, positions and situations enacted in the photos covered in this release were entered into without force, coercion, or threat whatsoever, and were posed freely by me with my full consent. I further agree to hold blameless and free of all accusation of such force or coercion the photographer, her legal representatives, assigns and those acting under her permission.
15. I hereby agree that in the unlikely event the digital photographs have been lost, stolen, or destroyed for reasons beyond the photographer’s control, or the session cannot go through because of equipment malfunction or damage, the photographer’s liability is limited to schedule a new session in order to complete services paid for.
16. I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement and I fully understand the contents thereof.
This agreement shall be binding upon me, my legal representatives and assigns.